Pre-operative instructions for patients undergoing surgery.
1. Have a good meal a least 4 hours before surgery. Comsume only water after that.
2. Make sure all the medications you are taking are made known to the surgical team.
3. Avoid supplements like ginseng and gingko biloba for at least 4 days before surgery. Consult TCM practitioner if in doubt.
4. Do not smoke.
5. Maintain good oral hygiene.
6. Have an adult to accompany you home after the surgery if you are to be sedated.
Post - operative care for patients who have just undergone surgery.
1. Bite as hard as you can on the gauze provided when the surgical site is still numb.
2. Be careful not to bite your lip before anaesthesia wears out. Ulcers may occur due to stretching or accidental biting.
3. Swallow overflowing saliva. Do not keep rinsing your mouth. If you need to spit, do so very gently.
4. Avoid drinking through a straw.
5. Do not blow your nose. Sniff if there is mucus. Pinch your nose when sneezing.
6. Do not consume hot drinks, alcohol or coffee for the first 48 hours.
7. Do not smoke.
8. Apply cold compress on the cheek or lip over the surgical site during the first 24 to 48 hours.
9. Stop cold compress and rinse your mouth with warm salt water after 48 hours. Maintain good oral hygiene.
10. Avoid food that requires chewing for at least 3 days.
11. Avoid physical exertion for at least 5 days after surger.
12. Follow all instructions on medication.
13. Panax notoginseng promotes healing. Consult your TCM practitioner for a suitable formula.
14. Call the clinic immediately if "sand" leaks out from the would.
A Nose Job Gone Wrong?
1 day ago